Go Back   mnartists.org Forums > mnartists.org forums > Artist Opportunities > The List
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Julian
Old 11-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Default Studio share update
Hello. I'm searching for creatives that are interested in sharing studio space. I have located a space that is just under 2500 sq. ft. in NE Mpls. It's approximately 25x95 feet. One wall is all windows. It has 110/220 power, double door, heavy-load floor, common dock access, high ceiling and cross-beams from former overhead cranes.

There are no interior walls. It would be up to each person to set up whatever system they want. You would have to be able to respect the privacy of others and stay out of their space. If you listen to music, you would have to use headphones if others are in the studio.

My plan is for a common area at the front, work spaces abutting the wall of windows (north facing), with walkway along the opposite wall, where work could be hung for exhibits. Along that wall, approximately 10 feet would remain common, whatever amount would allow for people to walk around, looking at hanging art, etc.

I'm looking for writers, painters, a performing arts company that needs rehearsal/performance space, sculptors (somewhat quiet ones) photographers, cartoonists, film makers, print makers, publishers, a drawing co-op?, film club? There are many possibilities, considering the size. A dance company or martial arts group would probably need to put flooring down. The overhead I-beams could be used for hanging lights. With folding chairs perhaps 60 or so people could be accommodated.

With three people/groups total, rent would be approximately $483 each, $365 for four. 1st & last month's rent and security deposit will be required, along with your own liability insurance, which is something like $150 a year. Two months notice will be required if you decide to move out. There would be no late payment of rent allowed.

If you think you're interested, send me an email, telling me something about yourself, what your needs are, etc. I'm looking to get the space January 1.

Julian ruki444@yahoo.com

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ee2eeb8470

Last edited by Julian : 11-02-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Julian
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Default studio share
So, no one is interested?
Ray Rolfe
Old 12-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Default free space
I would be, Julian. But I don't have that kind of money yet. And if I did, I would just buy a house in "NOMI" and let all the artists/occupiers crash out in my yard Shanty Project style.

You present a good plan, but I'd need to be doing something pretty special to keep 2k coming in every month to keep the rents paid... and then face the reality that we didn't own it.