The story of Potawatomi seed saver Cora Baker and her great-granddaughter LIz, focusing on Native agriculture, foods, and health promotion.
• In Cora’s Garden (Peta Wakan Tipi, 2005)
• Twelve Branches: Stories from St. Paul (Coffee House Press, 2003)
• African Americans in Minnesota: Telling Our Own Stories (Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2000)
A Hmong Family (Lerner Publications, 1997)—
Hmong in the 90s: Stepping Toward the Future. Hmong American Partnership, 1993.
• “Taking Back the Land: 10 Acres at a Time,” The Circle, March 2005.
Nonviolent Peaceforce Convenes in India,” Baptist News, Summer 2003
• “Starting Children on the Path to the Past: Native Americans in Children’s Historical Fiction,” Minnesota History, Minnesota Historical Society, Summer 2001.
• “Celtic Voice – Opening Hearts,” Turtle River Press, October 1999.
• “Writing about Things That Disappear,” A View from The Loft. The Loft, June 1999.